Affiliate Channel Sales Specialist is a very unique and under-the-radar profession for those that are experts in affiliate marketing and more importantly, can manage affiliate programs for others. A sales channel is simply a means of selling to others and typical sales channels include direct marketing, import-export, the use of agents, e-commerce, automated retail, and more. An affiliate channel is exactly what it sounds like…the use of affiliate marketing, a kind of outsourcing, where others will advertise your products and typically do so on a website using affiliate links. Affiliate Management Software is a special program that automates the onboarding, contracting, reporting, tracking of activities, and payments to affiliates (sellers) in your program. Affiliate Channel Sales Specialists are experts in selecting the right software for a business owner, installing and managing the program, and developing marketing campaigns to onboard new sellers (affiliates) for the company.
To become an Affiliate Channel Sales Specialist, you will need to become well versed in the various types of affiliate platforms available and be able to set up those platforms for your clients. Providers of affiliate sales platforms include…
- AFFISE: An Affiliate Marketing Platform for brands, advertisers and agencies to automate and scale their partner relations via all possible performance marketing channels: traditional affiliates, influencers, networks and agencies.
- PARTNERSTACK: This platform is the full stack solution for B2B SaaS partnerships. It allows a client to fully support their affiliates, referrers, and reseller channel needs, from a single platform. Automates partner onboarding, attribution, engagement, payouts, and compliance.
- OMNISTAR AFFILIATE: Omnistar allows you to easily create and manage an affiliate program for your business. With Omnistar, you will create an in-house affiliate program that will expand your marketing channels because you will recruit other online marketers who have access to your target audience. When these affiliates/partners/resellers send you a successful sale, you will pay them a commission.
- POST AFFILIATE PRO: Post Affiliate Pro is affiliate software that runs every aspect of your entire affiliate program. It is intuitive, fast, effective, and infinitely expandable, scalable and will provide you access to a merchant panel and your affiliates to the affiliate panel to see their stats and manage their promotion materials.
- PURPLY: With Purply, you can review current proven affiliate growth strategies and campaign recommendations at the click of a button. Purply is designed by an award winning affiliate management agency to deliver the mechanics for success without the cost.
- SAASQUATCH: SaaSquatch is an affiliate, partner and influencer marketing platform changing the way companies do advocacy marketing. Some of the worlds most innovative and distinguished brands use SaaSquatch to reward their advocates and grow revenue through affiliate and partner programs.
- KARTRA: Kartra, the all-in-one platform to run your business, manages and tracks your affiliate sales, so you can quickly and efficiently build an army of salespeople, without the stress or number-crunching. Kartra comes with a built-in affiliate management system that screens affiliate applicants with questionnaires, tailors commission structures, generates affiliate links, and even automatically pays your affiliates based on parameters you set.
- REFERRAL ROCK: Gives your best followers and fans an on-brand sharing experience. You can run referral and affiliate marketing programs that make a business easy to share and gives a business more referrals and greater brand awareness. Works for B2B, B2C, SaaS, Enterprise, Services (Not just Ecommerce) No developers required. Launch in days (not months), prove ROI, and get expert help with dedicated success manager with every plan.
How to Get Started
This home-based business is an exceptional one and certainly an under-the-radar opportunity but in order to learn the ins and outs of this business, it will take a bit of time actually running affiliate marketing websites first so you learn the industry. Affiliate marketing, as a home business, is booming and one of the easiest home businesses to enter and especially for part-time entrepreneurs since it involves almost no capital. Operating a dozen or so affiliate blogs or product websites successfully will not only provide you with income, but will also give the the needed experience to “make the leap” to show business owners seeking to expand their slaes through affiliate3 marketing just how it’s done. An exceptional book to help you get started and learn more about this unique profession is Affiliate Program Management (an Hour a Day) by Brian Eisenberg (click image).
Earnings potential as an Affiliate Channel Sales Specialist is truly exceptional since you will not only get paid to set up and manage the affiliate program of a business, but you will also typically earn a commission on each and every sale that business makes as a result of your affiliate program management. As an industry “specialist”, you can easily have dozens of clients for whom you are managing affiliate programs and this can mean residual income streams from multiple sources so when estimating income from this profession, it is very easy to see six-figure projections.